In this lesson we will:
- Developing knowledge of children’s rights based on articles of the Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Reflecting on how children are at risk of being caught between home and school/society.
Reading/ viewing/ listening
- Children´s Rights https://www.informationsverige.se/en/omsverige/individens-rattigheter-och-skyldigheter/barnets-rattigheter/
Look through the information via the links. Then answer the study questions (use forms or email):
- Why do children need Rights?
- What Rights do children have and how important is the United Nations Child Convention to these Rights
- How can parents and adults and the Swedish state support these Rights?
- What are the conflicts between parents´ and children´s Rights?
Further detailed Reading(optional):
- A booklet on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child: https://isgr.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/UN-Convention-on-the-rights-of-the-child.pdf
- Representing children’s rights from discussion through to illustration and interpretation: https://wels.open.ac.uk/sites/wels.open.ac.uk/files/files/Rep_childrens_rights_Res_Report_Nov_2019.pdf
- Humanium survey: https://www.humanium.org/en/sweden/
Two films included in lesson: