In this lesson we will:
- Overview of the features of the Swedish welfare state.
- Reflect on what characterises a welfare society and how welfare has developed in Sweden.
- Understand which authorities are responsible for which aspects of welfare.
- Reflect on the challenges of the welfare state.
Reference material to read/see/hear:
Extra material, optional:
Look through the information via the links. Then answer the study questions via email or form.
- Why and how has the Swedish welfare state developed?
- What are your positive/negative experiences of the welfare system here? Is it effective?
- What are the challenges for the Swedish welfare state? And what suggestions do you have to make things better?