In this lesson we will:
- learn about the breakthrough of democracy in Sweden with a focus on the constitution.
- learn about how democracy works in the country today (parliamentarianism) through examples of democratic bodies: EU, state, region, municipalities.
- Talk about the challenges facing the democratic system today.
Reference material to read/see/hear:
- informationsverige.se: The development of democracy in Sweden
- informaionsverige.se: What is Democracy?
Extra reference material
Look through the content in the links above. Then answer the questions via the form or by email.
- How did democracy develop in Sweden?
- Give some examples of democracy/the democratic system in Sweden.
- What are the challenges for democracy?