In this lesson we will:
- reflect on how the electoral system works
- consider what determines which party you vote for
- consider the challenges with representation, reliability, thrustworthiness of the electoral system.
Note: The lesson was recorded early in 2022 before the 2022 election. Here is how Sweden voted.
Reference material to read/see/hear:
Reference Videos (for this lesson and the lesson 31 on Democracy)
Look through the content in the links above. Then answer the questions via the form or by email.
- How are Swedish elections organized – who can vote – when and how? See UR Play: Den svenska demokratin
- What are the most important issues that motivate that determine which party we vote for?
- What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses of the Swedish election system?