In this lesson we will talk about:
- What happens to the children when the parents separate?
- The process around LvU (the Act on the care of young people); Why how and when can children be taken into care by the local authority.
Reference material to read/see/hear:
- https://www.informationsverige.se: familjeliv
- https://www.informationsverige.se: vad gör socialtjänsten
- informationsverige.se – aobut divorce procedure
- Koll på soc – information about Swedish social services
Look through the content in the links above. Then answer the questions via the form or by email.
- How are the best interests of the child determined when parents cannot agree on matters such as custody, residence and contact?
- Can children be taken away from their family home? In what circumstances? And what is the procedure for taking a child into care?